If you like quiche but do not want the crust this is right up your alley! Enjoy!
- • 6 ounces (2 links) Circle B Sweet Italian Sausage
- • 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- • 12 eggs
- • ¼ cup milk
- • ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- • ½ cup red peppers, roasted and diced
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Remove casings from sausage and cook in olive oil over medium-high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until sausage is browned (5-7 minutes). Cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, Gruyere, roasted red peppers, and salt and pepper together. Stir in sausage.
- Coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle egg mixture evenly into tin. Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes, until puffed and eggs are cooked.
- Let muffins cool and then remove them from tin. Freeze muffins in a single layer in a re-sealable plastic bag. To reheat, wrap muffins in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds.