I was outside perusing the freezers, and I saw a package of Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage and Baby Back Ribs. I really wanted to create meat sauce with these. There is nothing better than the ribs and the sausage cooking in Marina’s Tomato Sauce. It makes for a lip-smacking good meal! You can serve this either on polenta or rigatoni. I chose polenta since we are always eating so much pasta!
- In a large pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the spareribs in batches and cook, turning as needed, until well browned on both sides, about 15 minutes. Take out of the pan and put on a plate. Add the sausage and brown them on all sides. While the sausage is browning, add the balsamic vinegar.
- After the sausage has browned add onions, carrot and sage and saute in the remaining olive oil until the onions are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add the ribs, sausage and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, cover partially and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the ribs are fork tender. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve on the top of some polenta and serve immediately. Top with grated cheese.
- This dish is delicious and easy to make. I think it would have been even better if I had made it the day before so it had time to sit overnight.