Curry and apples are wonderful together. Don’t be afraid of this recipe. It’s delicious!
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ¼ cups basmati rice
- 2 tsp. curry powder + 1 more tsp.
- ¼ tsp. salt +3/4 tsp.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 Circle B Ranch bone-in pork chops (10 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook chopped onion in butter for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add basmati rice, 2 tsp. curry powder, and ¼ tsp. salt; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in apple and cilantro.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with 1 tsp. curry powder, cumin, ¾ tsp. salt, and black pepper.
- Sauté chops about 3 minutes per side for medium.
- Serving Size: 4