Circle B Ranch Pork Shoulder makes a delicious meal. Enjoy!
- 1 Circle b ranch pork butt roast (4 lbs.)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, maple syrup, vinegar, onions, garlic powder, and cayenne. Pour half over the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat.
- Serving Size: 8