Shrimp and Grits sounds so fancy!! Let me tell you this recipe is simple to use and oh so delicious!! Enjoy!
- 4 cups Homemade Chicken Stock (you can use water)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 6 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, chopped
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4