Welcome to the next chapter in the Vegetarian Series from Marina’s Kitchen. I am not a person that loves beans, but cooking them slowly in the chili makes them tender and very delicious.
- 1 Cup Chopped Peeled Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Peppers
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Peppers
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced (I actually used 4)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or add to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- One 16 oz of Cannellini Beans (rinse the beans)
- One 16 oz of Black Beans (rinse the beans)
- One 16 oz of Red Beans (rinse the beans)
- (you can also cook 1/2 cup of each type of dried beans)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Cook the first five ingredients in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
- Then, add the next five ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 1 hour (Or until done).
- Take 1/3 of the recipe and grind it in the food processor. Add the ground mixture back into the pot.
- Top your chili with some grated cheddar cheese and sour cream and you will have a great meal.
- I decided to use the food processor because it makes the meal look more like chili. Yum!