I have said it so many times, but my family loves soup. This is a really satisfying soup for a cold night. This recipe makes a lot and you can freeze for future use.
- 1 package (about 1 ½ pounds) boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 24 ounces of Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup dry mini shell pasta
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium-high heat until oil faintly smokes. Add beef; sear 10 minutes until all sides are paper-bag brown.
- Transfer beef to slow cooker; don’t discard pan drippings. Add vegetables to skillet with beef drippings; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vegetables to slow cooker with meat. Add beef stock, tomatoes, and tomato sauce to slow cooker.
- Cover, cook 4 ½ – 6 hours on high or 8 – 10 hours on low.
- Add beans 30 minutes before end of cooking on high, 45 minutes before end of cooking on low. Add spinach to slow cooker, stir to blend well. Allow spinach to slightly wilt, about 2 minutes.
- I cooked the pasta separately and added it to the soup at the very end.