A cool fall day calls for pot roast. I dusted off the crock pot and looked into by freezer and refrigerator to see what I would prepare. I had a pot roast and we had just launched Marina’s Ketchup. It was a given….it had to be a pot roast made with ketchup!
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Beef Broth
- 16 oz of Marina’s Gourmet Ketchup
- ¼ cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 pounds Beef Round Rump Roast (Grass Fed)
- Olive Oil, To Rub On Beef
- 16 ounces Carrots Cut into chunks
- 1 whole Large Onion, Cut Into 1” Pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, ketchup, brown sugar, and garlic.
- Rub the beef all over with a little olive oil. In a large sauté pan, over medium high, brown the beef for about 2 minutes per side.
- In a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker, place the browned beef, carrots, and onions. Pour ketchup mixture over the top. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Slice or shred the meat and serve with the veggies and sauce, over mashed potatoes.