Savory and a little sweet, this recipe does not disappoint. The chicken is so moist it almost melts in your mouth! John and I both agree we will definitely eat this dish again. Serve with Tumeric Roasted Vegetables. Recipe in blog!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 15 oz. Marina’s tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder, salt-free
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato sauce, curry powder, salt and cayenne.
- Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Using tongs, gently toss ingredients together to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Stir in peas and lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over rice and with plenty of fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 cups
- Serving Size: 4