Circle B Ranch pork shoulder, simple spices and all day to cook it…what could be bad??
- 4 lb Circle B Ranch pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Season the meat lightly with some oregano, cumin and paprika. You can go as heavy as you would like.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, ground cumin, oregano, salt and black pepper. Rub meat with this mixture.
- Place garlic, onions, Adobo sauce, chipotle pepper, orange juice, chicken stock (or water), bay leaf and lime juice in a slow cooker. Add meat and cover.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for at least 8 hours. The meat should be falling apart. Take out of the slow cooker and shred using two forks. (You can freeze already cooked pulled pork in zip lock bags.) You can reserve some or the juices, left after cooking the meat and add them to it if it turns too dry