If you’re looking for a quick roasted potato recipe, this is the one you should make. It’s so delicious!
- 10 small new potatoes (either red or white)
- sea salt
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with water until they’re just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat slightly and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Carefully drain the potatoes. Using a clean kitchen towel or parchment paper, cover each potato and smash it lightly with a heavy bottomed pot or the bottom of a drinking glass. Be careful not to smash too hard; you want the potato to somewhat maintain its shape.
- Prepare a baking pan by coating it with butter. Place the smashed potatoes onto the pan, and coat the tops with a little melted butter. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and crisp around the edges. Remove from the oven and top with the finely chopped basil and bacon.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!