If you like cabbage and bacon you will love this recipe. Cabbage fried low and slow in bacon grease. Enjoy!
- • 12 oz. Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, diced raw (you can use Nitrite Free if you like)
- • 1 head cabbage, chopped
- • 1 onion, diced
- • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- • 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- • 1 tsp. garlic powder
- • Black pepper to taste
- Add the chopped bacon to a large pot. Cook over medium heat until extra crispy. Remove bacon from pot, leaving the grease.
- Add cabbage to pot and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring every minute or so. Add onion and continue cooking 5 more minutes, still stirring every minute.
- Add Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is cooked through.
- Add cooked bacon to cabbage and taste to adjust seasoning. Serve.