This quick bread is so moist and delicious. I tweeked the recipe and added Marina’s Pear Ginger Chutney.
- 1 and 1/2 cup white wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–10 oz jar of Marina’s Pear Ginger Chutney
Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, honey, oil, egg, vanilla, and pear ginger chutney. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, slowly pour the wet mixture into the well. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moist. Fold in the raisins.
Spoon the batter into a greased and floured the 9×5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.