My family loves eggplant any way, any style. When the eggplant is fresh at the farmers market and you can get the Long thin eggplant this is the recipe to prepare. Easy and delicious.
- 2 pounds small, firm eggplants
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro, pus sprigs for garnish
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (diagonally)
- Roast the eggplants in the oven at 350° for 15 minutes. Let the eggplants cool a little, peel, and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, salt and sugar. Add garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and vegetable oil.
- Put eggplant cubes into a bowl. Pour the dressing mixture over and toss, coating well. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then taste and adjust seasoning.
- Just before serving, stir in chopped cilantro. Pile eggplant on a platter and sprinkle with scallions. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.