I make lasagna all of the time. I thought it would be a treat to try my hand at Spinach Lasagne roll ups. I based this recipe on my lasagna recipe. The only difference is that I added Chopped Spinach. This recipe is easy to make and if you would like you can double the recipe and freeze it for future use. What a treat it is to come home and have dinner made.
- 16 or 1 lb. Lasagna Noodles
- 1 lb. of Part Skim Ricotta
- 1 package of Frozen Chopped Spinach (thawed and wring really well)
- 1 lb of Mozzarella (grated)
- Cup plus more of Grated Romano Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1–24 oz Jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce (I used 2 jars. I like a lot of sauce.)
- Defrost the Chopped Spinach and wring it out really well. You do not want a lot of water in your mix.
- Cook the Lasagna until you are able to work with them and they are very pliable. Once they are cooked remove from the water and run the noodles under cold water. You need the noodles to stop cooking.
- I do not like to buy already shredded Mozzarella since this cheese does not melt as well as fresh Mozzarella. Put the Mozzarella through the food processor using the grating plate.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the tomato Sauce. Lay the lasagne noodles out and spread about a couple of tablespoons of filling over each noodle. Roll up carefully.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place roll-ups seam side down over tomato sauce. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake, covered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes. remove the cover and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with additional tomato sauce and Grated Romano Cheese.