I make Traditional Parmesan all of the time. It is my go to dinner since it is quick and easy to prepare. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it, and I can tell you it did not disappoint. Enjoy!
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 3 cups Marina’s Italian tomato sauce
- ½ cup parmesan
- 2 tbsp. basil
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Stuff the pockets evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Press the edges of the chicken together to seal the pocket.
- Separate the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Being careful to keep the chicken from opening, dip the stuffed chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the floured chicken into the egg, then the bread crumbs, coating it evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Place 2/3 of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of a baking dish. Place the chicken on top.
- Top with the rest of the tomato sauce, then sprinkle the parmesan and basil on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 3