We love summer squash and of course corn. This soup is delicious. Enjoy!!
- 6 slices Circle B Ranch bacon, cooked and crumbled, and 1 ½ Tbsp. rendered bacon fat reserved
- 1 ½ lbs. yellow squash, chopped (about 3 medium)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ¾ cup whole milk
- 5 cups fresh cut corn (from about 6 ears), divided
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ tsp. salt, plus more to taste if needed
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, more to taste if desired
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Heat reserved bacon fat in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery and saute 2 minutes, then add the yellow squash and ¾ cup of green onions. Saute until tender, about 6 minutes, adding in garlic and flour during last 2 minutes of sautéing. Reduce heat slightly.
- Add 1 ½ cups milk, 2 cups of the corn, and salt and pepper to the sautéed vegetables. To a blener add the 3 remaining cups of corn, remainder of the milk, and cream. Process in blender until nearly smooth (about 30 seconds). Add pureed mixture to pot and stir to blend. Cook until mixture reaches a light boil. Serve warm with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and remaining sliced green onions.
- Serving Size: 5