As you can see Big John and I love soup. You make these little sausage meatballs and they are sooo good. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian sausage links (casings removed); rolled into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo pasta
- 6 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 1–24 oz jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbls of fresh basil
- 1 tbls of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Serve with Romano Cheese
In a 3.5-quart soup pot on medium-high flame, heat olive oil until shimmering (about 1-2 min).
Add sausage pieces and sauté until lightly browned; transfer cooked pieces to a plate and set aside.
To the heated, oiled pan, add onion, garlic, and celery; sauté until fragrant and slightly tender, stirring as needed (3-4 min).
Add chicken broth, Marina’s Tomato Sauce, salt, and pepper.
Bring to boil; add sausage back to pot about halfway through boiling process. Add fresh herbs.
- Cook orzo according to package directions and add to the soup and serve hot. Sprinkle with Romano Cheese. Delish.