During the summer at the Farmers Markets you will find delicious Zucchini and Tomatoes. Pair these delicious ingredients with some Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage.
- 6 links sweet Italian sausage*
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil*
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried oregano)
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound mixed red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare sausages according to package directions, either in a sauté pan or on the grill. While they are cooking, heat olive oil in a large heavy sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and oregano, stir for a few seconds, then add zucchini and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- When sausages are cooked, cut into large bite-sized pieces and add to pan along with tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Continue to sauté until tomatoes are just softened, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve.
- Serving Size: 6