Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes? And it is even better in Sweet Potato Pancakes topped with delicious spiced cream cheese. Absolutely decadent!! Enjoy!
For the Topping
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sour cream
For the Pancakes
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 6 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 3 cups shredded peeled apples (about 3 large)
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- ½ cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended; beat in sour cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes, apples, and onion; toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Working in batches, drop sweet potato mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; press slightly to flatten. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown, using remaining foil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with cinnamon topping.
- Serving Size: 12