It is that chilly time of year and yes I do love making soup. It is great for dinner and there is always left overs to take to work the next day. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Circle B Ranch ground pork
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 29 ounce jar of Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- 14.5 ounce homemade chicken broth (you can use canned)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon frish parsley
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ground pork and cook until browned, breaking up into smaller pieces with a spatula (approximately 5-6 minutes).
Add the onion to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Season the pork and onion mixture with salt and pepper.
Add the bell peppers to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, basil and parsley to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Stir in the rice and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste as desired. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.