John and I love Hariort Vert and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to prepare it. Delicious! Enjoy!
- 12 oz green beans, washed, stem ends trimmed on a diagonal
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices of Circle B Rach Hickory Smoked bacon, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 bags frozen pearl onions (or 32 oz peeled fresh pearl onions)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Few tablespoons of water
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, toss green beans with 2 tablespoons oil until thoroughly coated. Add large pinches salt and 1 pinch pepper, and toss once more. Set aside.
Place 1 large rimmed baking sheet in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
While baking sheets heat, in a large skillet over medium high heat, add remaining oil and bacon pieces. Cover, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until bacon starts to crisp; add onions. Turn heat up to medium-high and cook until onions are tender and develop color. Add mustard, vinegar, honey and water, and stir to combine. Cook until liquid reduces to form a thick syrupy sauce and onions are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside. (Glaze will thicken slightly as it cools.)
Place oiled green beans on preheated baking sheet, and transfer to oven to roast. Roast for about 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven, combine in a large bowl and toss with balsamic-coated bacon lardons and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.