Recipes made with bananas!! Right up my alley. I have made this recipe a couple of times and I can say I am never disappointed. It is moist and really delicious. To make this recipe really special serve it with Marina’s Cranberry Chutney!
- 4 small bananas (use really ripe ones that you have frozen and defrosted)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon, divided
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 by 13 pan.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in a measuring cup. top to 1 1/2 cups with milk. Set aside.
- Mix together mashed banana with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Beat together butter, brown and white sugar until combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla until mixed.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to egg mix stirring until combined. Fold in bananas. Pour in prepared pan, put into oven and reduce heat to 275 degrees.
- Bake approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Melt butter and 2 tablespoons of milk over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Let cool and stir in remaining powdered sugar.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in brown sugar mixture.
- Frost the cake with the frosting.
- For a delicious addition serve with Marina’s Cranberry Chutney! It is a great compliment to the Banana cake.