Everyone loves a good chicken recipe. This came out delicious, and it was also really good the next day as leftovers. Enjoy!
- Chicken cut into pieces
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. cremini or button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh Italian parsley
- ½ small onion
- Coat chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp. of the rosemary, and 1 Tbsp. of the thyme.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, or other oven-going skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, skin sides down; cook 5-7 minutes until browned on one side. Turn chicken pieces over and place skillet in the oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done (170° F).
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover and set aside to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir mushrooms over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Add flour to skillet, stirring to coat. Stir in chicken broth, wine, and mustard. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add remaining rosemary, thyme, and the parsley. Serve mushrooms and sauce over chicken.