Fresh tomatoes from the Farmers Market is ideal, but you can make this during the year with good tomatoes from the supermarket. I topped mine with little pastry pigs!! Enjoy!!
- 1 (14.1 oz.) package rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust (2 crusts)
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cups assorted tiny tomatoes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. drained capers
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Let piecrusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the feta, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, mayonnaise, egg yolk, oregano, and pepper. Unroll one of the piecrusts into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into the pie plate, pressing lightly into bottom and sides. Sprinkle crust with the remaining Parmesan.
- Spoon feta mixture into pie plate, spreading over Parmesan. Top with tomatoes and capers. Sprinkle with salt. Using round cutters, cut rounds from remaining pastry; place on filling. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white and 2 tsp. water; brush over top pastry.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and put in oven. Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil from edge of pie. Bake 45 minutes more or until crust is golden brown. Cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
- Make sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 8