I am always looking for a really easy dinner. It is the beginning of fall, and we still have garden tomatoes. When I saw this recipe I thought, “Why not make this for dinner? I have the bacon in the freezer as well as the other ingredients.” My family inhaled this for dinner. Make a tossed salad and you have a nutritious dinner. Enjoy!
- 1–9 inch pie crust
- 3 slices of Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, cooked crisp and chopped up
- ⅓ C frozen spinach, thawed, rinsed and squeezed dry (1/3 C after squeezing dry)
- 3 tbsp onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 C half and half
- ½ C milk
- ½ C shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ C shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp seasoned salt
- ¾ of a tomato, thin sliced
- Place the pie crust in a 9″ round cake pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake the pie crust at 350 for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, cheeses, milk, half and half, bacon, spinach, onion, pepper and seasoned salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and even out if needed. Top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.