If you like Tomato Soup you will love this Tomato Bisque. Enoy!!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon (about 1/2 ounce) minced
- 1 Spanish Onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1 lb Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 1 jar of Marina’s Italian Style Tomato Sauce
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until crisp and most of the fat has rendered, about 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and tomato sauce and bring to a boil while whisking constantly.
- Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the pot.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the soup base is cool, remove and discard the herb bundle.
- Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Using a sieve over a large bowl, strain the tomato puree. Return the puree to the pot and reheat over medium heat.
- Whisk the heavy cream and salt into the soup and season with pepper to taste.
- Divide among warm soup bowls, garnish with the crispy bacon, and serve immediately