HyVee has a recipe magazine, and the summer issue was fantastic. I found this pasta dish, and it is absolutely delicious. What’s not to love with mozzarella cheese and Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon?
- 10 oz. penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 6 strips Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked in oven until crisp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. Mozzarella pearls, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups spinach
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped heirloom tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
- Stir tomato sauce mixture, mozzarella pearls, and cherry tomatoes into hot pasta. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with spinach and the crisp crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4