John and I love pot roast, especially in the winter time. I added our Top Tomato Bloody Mary to the pot roast and it came out delicious. Enjoy!
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 cup Top Tomato Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 onion, roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 bunch celery, roughly chopped into chunks
- Trim fat from roast. Cut slits in several places, making each slit 1/2-inch long and 1-inch deep. Insert a small slice of garlic into each slit.
- In a 4-Quart Dutch Oven, brown roast on all sides in hot oil. Remove from heat, and add the vegetables. Combine the Bloody Mary with 1/4 cup red wine. Carefully pour the mixture over the roast. Bake, covered, in a 325 degree oven for 2-2 1/2 hours or until very tender. Transfer to a platter, reserving juices in Dutch Oven. Keep roast warm.
- For the gravy, measure cooking juices; skim off the fat. Return juices to Dutch Oven. Combine 2 Tbsp. red wine and cornstarch’ stir into juices. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly; cook and stir one minute longer.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain; serve with gravy.
- Serving Size: 10