Big John travels early in the morning and does not always have time to have a nutritious breakfast. I’ll make these, and he’ll have two warmed up in the microwave for a delicious on-the-go breakfast. Enjoy!
- Olive oil non-stick spray
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- ½ small onion, cubed
- 3 oz. baby spinach (2 cups) finely chopped
- 1 roasted pepper
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 4 oz. Circle B Ranch Chorizo, cooked & drained
- 10 eggs
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Add spinach and garlic; cook for 5 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in already cooked chorizo.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full with potato filling (about 3 Tbsp. per cup); set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and salt in a medium bowl. Using a ladle, carefully pour egg mixture into muffin cups until potato filling is covered. Dot the tops with pieces of goat cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are set in the centers. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm topped with tomato.
- Serving Size: 12