This is a really delicious recipe and is great for turkey leftovers. You can also use left over rotisserie chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 5 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 16 oz package of Rana Tortellini (these are so delish)
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- fresh oregano and thyme for garnish
Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter melts, add in the onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the veggies soften, about 5 to 6 minutes, add in garlic.
Add flour to the pan and then the milk and stir. Add in the chicken stofk and cook for a few minutes. Add in chicken and bring the soup back to a simmer and let it simmer for 10 or 15 minutes as it thickens.
Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Add to the soup and taste it and season more with salt and pepper if you find it necessary.