This dip came out great!! I made it with Sweet Italian and I can tell you it was a big hit. It makes a great appetizer for all of those football games. I am sure you will enjoy this!! Enjoy!
- • 1 lb. Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage or Hot Italian Sausage
- • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper
- • 4 garlic cloves, minced
- • ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- • ¼ tsp. salt
- • ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- • 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- • 1 package (6 oz.) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- • 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- • 1 cup chopped, seeded tomatoes
- • 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- • Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- • Hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square or 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers.