John and I love chicken (yes I know we are pork producers). This recipe does not disappoint and it is delicious. So juicy!!
- ½ chicken
- Oil for grilling
For the Marinade
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- Bruise the lemongrass using the side of a knife (or a pestle). Slice the white part only into ¼-inch slices, thick enough to pick off later if any sticks to chicken.
- Combine lemongrass with the rest of the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Combine marinade with chicken in a Ziploc bag. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Massage marinade into the chicken to evenly disperse.
- Marinate for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, pour the chicken and marinade into a large bowl.
To Cook on the Grill
- Lightly oil the grill and preheat on medium low.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and grill until cooked through (do not cook on high heat to avoid burning the sugar).
- Just before the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the grill and place back into the marinade. Toss, and place chicken back on grill. Sear quickly on both sides.
To Cook in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F and put the rack in the top part of the oven.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place a rack on it.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on the rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Baste.
- Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is dark golden brown. Baste once more. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished scallions.
- Serving Size: 4