Delicious. That’s all I can say about this recipe. White Chocolate Mousse with Mixed Berries? Good any time of the year. It is a great recipe for Christmas as well as a light summer dessert. It is a recipe you will be coming back to. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups assorted fresh raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- Combine sugar, 1/4 cup water and the egg yolks in a medium-size metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (be sure bottom of bowl is not touching water).
- Beat yolk mixture with hand mixer set on medium-high about 5 minutes or until mixture registers 140 degree F on an instant-read thermometer. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, beating constantly.
- Remove bowl from over water. Add warm, melted white chocolate and vanilla. Beat about 5 minutes, until cool.
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl to stiff peaks. Gently mix 1/4 of the whipped cream into cooled white chocolate mixture.
- Fold white chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain. Cover and cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.