Occasionally, I like to try out something new for a side dish with dinner, and I am always looking for the newest and healthiest recipes. When I found this recipe I knew I had to try it. Hash browns with less carbs. How could it go wrong? When I prepared the dish, I used fresh basil, and it turned out wonderful! John and I both loved it!
- 2 zucchinis
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup (55 g) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup (15 g) fresh chive
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a box grater, grate the zucchini on the coarse side.
- Transfer the grated zucchini to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix the zucchini and set aside for 20 minutes while the salt draws moisture from the zucchini.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large kitchen towel and strain the excess liquid into a bowl.
- Place the zucchini back into the large bowl and toss in the chives, Parmesan, fresh basil, like I used, finely chopped, garlic powder, black pepper, and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Portion the zucchini mixture into 6 even hash brown patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool the hash browns for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6