All I can say is “think fresh….fresh vegetables!” Depending upon where you live, you should be able to find most of the ingredients for this recipe at your Farmers Market. Enjoy!
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized or cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium yellow squash, spiralized or cut into matchsticks
- 2 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (packed) basil leaves, chopped, divided
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided, + more for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant (about ¾ lb.) cut into ¼-inch slices on the bias, and cut in ½
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, divided
- ¼ cup pitted black olives, halved, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Place zucchini and squash in a strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. salt and toss to combine. Let sit 10 minutes, then shake in strainer, pressing gently, to remove any excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, honey, pepper, ½ cup basil, 3 Tbsp. oil, and ¼ tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic until it begins to sizzle and turn golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to bowl with dressing. Increase heat to medium-high; add eggplant and 1 cup tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is browned and cooked through and tomatoes begin to burst, about 6-8 minutes. Season with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and transfer to bowl with dressing.
- Cut remaining 1 cup tomatoes in ½ lengthwise and add to bowl with dressing. Add zucchini and squash; gently toss to combine. Add 3 Tbsp. olives and 2 Tbsp. basil and transfer with tongs to a platter, letting extra liquid drain and remain in bowl. Lay mozzarella on one end of platter and drizzle with oil. Top dish with remaining 2 Tbsp. basil and 1 Tbsp. olives.
- Serving Size: 2