Since John cannot eat as much pasta as he would like I have started preparing Zucchini noodles. John also loves to eat Avocado. See where I am going? Zucchini noodles and an avocado cream sauce what could be bad? Nothing. This came out delicious. Enjoy!
- 4 small (or 2 large) zucchini, ends trimmed and spiralized with a julienne peeler
- 1 avocado
- ½ a cucumber, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- About 8 leaves of basil
- Salt & pepper
- Halved cherry tomatoes & basil leaves for garnish
- Heat a large pan and add 1 tsp. olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic until it turns golden. Add the zucchini noodles, toss to combine with the garlic, and cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Add the fresh basil.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the avocado sauce until fully coated.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 4